Sunday 14 June 2009

Welcome

Hello. Welcome to Specific English, my new blog aimed at teachers of ESP (that's English for Specific Purposes, not Extra Sensory Perception - sorry).

Here's my vision for the blog:

  • I'll try to post regularly on a wide range of ESP topics, covering legal English, medical English, technical English, financial English and all the other branches of ESP. No shortage of ideas there.
  • I'll also try to build a bank of simple teaching ideas based on topical news stories and the odd clip on YouTube. Mostly these will be lessons I actually create for my own students, so you'll notice rather a lot on Intellectual Property law and TV/Marketing, two areas I currently teach.
  • I want to promote my series, Cambridge English for ..., but I'll try not to be too gushing in my praise, and to keep a balance between my own stuff and other people's.
  • Last but not least, I hope blogging will be a good way of networking. There are lots of good people out there will very deep knowledge of various ESP areas, and I hope to learn from them, and maybe even make some friends along the way.
So there we have it, my first blog post. I've probably done it all wrong, but I feel like a real blogger now!
Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment